- Chicory is grown in the dark. The more sunlight, more bitter the taste is.
- Besides the white chicory there is also a red chicory! The difference is mainly in the red color. When cooking or stewing, the red color is disappears.
- Chicory is the favorite vegetable of many chefs because it has a slightly bitter taste.
- Chef Felix Alen even devoted a book to the chicory: "Chicory from Belgium."
- Do you want to keep the white color of chicory during cooking? Then add a few drops of lemon juice to the cooking water.
- You can soften the bitter taste of chicory by adding milk to the cooking water.
- There are Belgian chocolatiers who have made creations of pralines filled with chicory.
- The orange is originally from China.
- The smell of oranges makes the substance serotonin in your body. And it is the substances that makes a person very happy.
- The more hours of sunshine orange gets, the better taste.
- Did you know that an orange needs four years to become fully grown.
- 500 oranges can grow on one large orange tree.
- No bees, no oranges. This is because only with bees a new orange tree can grow.
Now that the last die-hard carnivores are slowly turning towards the vegetarian section at the supermarket, we can safely say that plant-based eating is no short-lived trend but a movement that can no longer be stopped.
What type of meals should you be eating for exercise? Read on to find out more.