|MAIN INGREDIENTS||Potatoes and vegetables|
|PREFERENCES||SEASONAL||Winter Autumn Summer Spring|
|ALLERGENS*||Celery free Crustacean free Fish free Gluten free Lupin free Nut free Mustard free Peanut free Sulphite free Mollusc free Soya free Sesame free|
• 400g sweet potato, peeled and finely sliced on a mandolin
• 40g margarine/butter, melted
• 80g kale, stalks removed
• 20g red chard
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 50ml milk
• Flat leaf parsley
• ½ lemon, juice and zest
• 30g linseeds, toasted
• 80g goats cheese, crumbled
• Baking beans/rice for baking blind
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line a small frying pan with baking parchment.
2. Combine the melted margarine/butter with the potatoes and gently toss to coat.
3. Line the frying pan with the sliced potato, overlapping the potatoes (ensuring no gaps are left) in a circular motion from the outside spiraling into the centre reserving some of the potato to line the sides. Cut the remaining potato slices into half-moons and again overlap these (straight edge down) around the sides.
4. Place a large piece of baking parchment into the now lined case and fill with blind baking beans (or rice).
5. Place into the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and have set. Remove from the oven, remove the baking beans and return the base to the oven for a further 8-10 minutes to dry it out.
6. Prepare the filling. Blanch the kale in boiling water for approx. 1 minute or until tender. Remove and dry.
7. Mix the eggs with the milk, parsley, lemon juice and zest.
8. Place the blanched kale and the red chard into the prepared case, followed by the egg mixture. Sprinkle over the linseeds and goat's cheese.
9. Place into the preheated oven for approx. 20-30 minutes or until just set. Remove allow to rest for 10 minutes then serve.